Sunday 6 May 2012

George on the Trans America

Starting at the beginning of June, I plan to cycle across the USA from Yorktown, Virginia, to Vancouver, Canada.  This will be a solo and unaided cycle!

The route is approximately 4600 miles and will take me through 2 countries and 12 states.  I will cross the Appalachian and Rocky mountain ranges, the Mississippi, the central Prairie and follow the North Pacific coast.  I could experience temperatures from 0 to well over 30 degrees centigrade, and will climb to over 11 000 feet.

This is not a charity ride, but purely for enjoyment and adventure!  I will write an online diary as I go and try to upload photos - just so you can share the view, people and widelife of North America from your office/home computer!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment